TLDEF's Name Change Project provides pro bono legal name change services to low-income transgender, gender non-conforming, and non-binary people through partnerships with some of the nation’s most prestigious law firms and corporate law departments.

IDP connects community members with trained law students and advocates to assist them with the name and document change process. IDP also raises funds throughout the year so that they can pay for the associated fees. As long as they have the funds, any client who requests assistance paying for their name change or new ID - no questions asked.

NCTE's ID Documents Center is a one-stop hub for name and gender change information for every state in the US.

Legal Services of the Hudson Valley is the only provider of comprehensive civil legal services to all seven counties of the Hudson Valley, including: Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Rockland, Orange, Ulster and Sullivan.

Legal Assistance of Western New York, Inc.®  (LawNY®) provides free legal name change assistance, in addition to other free civil legal services to residents of western New York state.

ONVLP's LGBT Rights Program provides free name and gender marker change assistance and other legal assistance in many New York counties. No income test applies. For more information, contact Mallory Livingston, Esq., at or (315) 849-9234.

Empire Justice Center provides free legal name change assistance, in addition to other free civil legal services. Offices in Albany and Rochester.

Long Island-based Pride for Youth is a service and an advocate for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer/questioning (LGBTQ) young people. They provide social programming and counseling up to age 30, and sexual health services, including testing, for individuals up to 45.

The materials and information appearing on this website are provided for informational use only, and are in no way intended to constitute legal advice or the opinions of Arrowood Law or its attorneys. Transmission/receipt of any information from this website does not create an attorney-client relationship, and you should not act or rely upon any information appearing on this website without seeking the advice of an attorney.